Simple Booth is changing the way the world captures moments. Our platform helps brands like Uber, Red Bull, and Amazon create amazing, scalable, social photo experiences, and as a pioneer in this space, we’re growing faster than we ever imagined. We’re searching for a passionate Software Engineer to join our team!
Working from our Denver, CO office, you'll have the opportunity to hone your technical, programming skills as part of a lean but talented team, building meaningful features on top of a rapidly growing web platform with over 8 million images processed.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain a new billing system
- Work with management, the product team and customer success to plan new features, write test-backed code and deploy rapidly in a continuously integrated environment.
- Develop a broad understanding of our entire codebase and architecture
To be successful in this role, you have:
- 3+ years professional web development experience (Java or PHP, using frameworks)
- 3+ years relational database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL or other SQL)
- Understanding of good code design principles (MVC, single responsibility principle, encapsulation, etc)
- Learned a new language/framework or built a project outside of work/school for their own personal growth and advancement
- 3+ years PHP development (Symfony, Laravel or another framework)
- Working knowledge of asynchronous architecture (message streaming via SQS, Kafka or other)
- Good attitude, flexible toward different development methodologies (e.g. not an extremist Agile developer or die) but full of good ideas. Generally leans to "find what works best for your team, borrowing from different methodologies" or "solve problems as they become relevant" philosophies
- Passion for test-driven development (TDD)
- Ability to rapidly understand a new idea, ask the right number of questions and start coming up with different scenarios for how to implement and vet different ideas on the spot (verbalize technical concepts with clarity)
- 4-year degree in computer science or something math/finance related
- Fluency in numbers and billing terminology (knows what Net 30 or Net 10 2% terms are, can explain different ways to prorate an upgrade or downgrade to a subscriptions and the math involved)
It’s not required, but awesome if you have:
- Startup experience
- A year or more integrating or maintaining multiple billing / eCommerce / SaaS solutions
- Experience with both SaaS billing and eCommerce or HaaS would be dope
- Experience developing APIs
- Any web backend programming experience (Java, Python, Node.js, Ruby on Rails)
Our team works hard, focuses on results and celebrates the wins. We are a cash-positive startup with a talented team and opportunities to grow and have holistic influence on the development of our industry-changing products. Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on the company and our customers every day.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Full Company Match on 401k
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- One remote-work day a week
- Monthly team-bonding events
- "Low Power Mode" around the Holidays
- Must have US work authorization